3 months ago
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within UTAS and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years. Within ISR & Space Systems we design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems on the International Space Station, including the space suit, and undersea in submarines. The Project Engineer IPD Lead/Equipment Manager will provide continuous support Submarine Fleet and maintain Fleet readiness. The IPD/Equipment Manager Lead serves a critical role within the program office reporting to the Navy program managers, Navy Program Engineering Manager, and department engineering management. The candidate will drive the execution of all engineering responsibilities on the S80 Fuel Cell Power Module (FCPM) System while meeting both internal and external customer expectations. Direct communication with Navy and a foreign customers will be required; including daily tag-ups, weekly meetings, and quarterly meetings. This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), technical experience, and the ability to manage cross-functional teams. The position also has responsibility of support to the customer on the S80 Fuel Cell Power Module (FCPM). Support the product abroad, this includes field service, spares and tracking issues in the field and suggesting engineering changes to fix trending field issues. Program engineering responsibilities will include the execution of established metrics including schedule, cost, technical performance, quality, and risk management. Travel to Spain will be required with an approximate 30 percent time requirement.
* Prior experience in related Engineering discipline(s) in managerial role
* Exceptional organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated command of RRCA methodology and tools
* Prior experience working with creating Control Account Plans and Earned Value Management
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and strategize longer term projects
* Superior interpersonal and influencing skills, including coaching and mentoring of other engineering staff
* Strong computer skills, MS Office
* Natural presence/comfortable presenting to internal and external customers
* Ability to bring team members together and work problems to resolution
* Program Management Professional Certification is a plus.
* US Citizen required
* US Government Clearance or the ability to obtain a US Government Clearance
“This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug-Free Workforce."
* BA/BS degree in engineering w/ 10 years of experience or
* MA/MS degree in engineering w/ 9 years of experience or
* PhD degree in engineering or science w/ 7 years of experience|
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.