10 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Project Engineer (Itasca CSC)
The Project Engineer is the primary technical point of contact between the customer, internal non-technical teams, and the technical engineering teams responsible for the detailed execution of a project. The Project Engineer is responsible for a project from the conception of the project strategy through the execution of the statement of work in its entirety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Formulate engineering inputs for proposals, including scope definition, hour’s estimates, and schedule assessments.
* Establish detailed staffing plans for project design execution.
* Work with Engineering Management, and the assigned engineering staff to allocate resources for project tasking and develop detailed schedules.
* Identify customer dependencies for successful execution of project design within defined schedule.
* Identify certification basis, research and identify required regulations, and develop the design and certification strategy required to show compliance to the certification basis.
* Develop, manage, and communicate design and certification requirements and strategy to the engineering team.
* Manage and provide status for design engineering resources throughout project lifecycle.
* Manage and provide status for design deliverable execution.
* Identify design scope (budget / schedule) changes and technical design risks throughout project lifecycle.
* Manage and coordinate DER/DAR, CVE, and /or ODA UM resources to support the review and approval of project data packages
* Responsible for the technical coordination of technical project vendors to include ODA, DOA, and compliance testing vendors.
* Support customer design review meetings.
* Primary interface with customer on technical issues and during design reviews.
* Technical decision maker during the project and ultimately accountable for producing a design which meets the project requirements within the project schedule and budget.
* Support the engineering team as required during the development stage. Level of support may range from design/drawing review and approval to assisting in modeling, analysis and/or detailed certification deliverable development.
* Provide mentoring and training to less senior employees.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in an Aerospace Engineering, or in a related technical and/or equivalent field
* Familiarity and/or experience working with a 3D CAD package, preferably Autodesk Inventor
* Familiarity and/or experience working with a 2D CAD package, preferably AutoCAD
* Familiarity and/or experience developing piece-part, assembly and/or installation models and drawings
* Experience in the aviation/aerospace or similar industry
* 1+ years of experience working in a mechanical design capacity
* 1+ years of experience working as a Project Engineer
Astronics CSC Itasca (1437)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.