5 months ago
GE looks for innovation everywhere. For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today! #GEConnect11
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a Project Engineer, you will work closely with Senior Engineers and lead New Product Development (NPD) of engineering projects for the Power Generation and Sensor team on projects involving high speed permanent magnet alternators and other similar machines, power electronics and regulators, temperature sensors, and probes.
In this role, you'll be responsible for having and applying a thorough understanding of mechanical design analysis and packaging principles.
You'll lead the Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT) and be responsible for the successful development of assigned products.
You'll coordinate the activities of team members and interact closely with other functions, including; Electrical and Electromagnetic Design, Mechanical, Design / Drafting, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, and Marketing.
In particular, you will:
* Be responsible for overall ownership and accountability of assigned NPD projects from launch through production
* Meet all project deliverables and schedule deadlines, such as:
* and Documentation
* Prepare design and analysis reports and lead design reviews for assigned projects
* Be the primary technical customer point of contact for assigned projects
* Review drawings and have a strong understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
* Review all design results to ensure completeness and accuracy
* Develop and implement standard design practices from lessons learned
* Lead new materials selection and development efforts to provide state-of-the-art technological advantages
* Interpret and clarify customer technical expectations
* Work with the Development Team to meet internal unit cost and develop cost targets
* Define and maintain technical compliance to customer requirements
* Write technical proposals and present technical information to customers
* Lead cost reduction efforts and track progress
* Be responsible for resolution of field issues
* Be responsible for Factory Support
* Perform mechanical design analyses and calculations, including; thermal and structural using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tools
* Perform Integrated Logistic and Support analysis, including; Reliability, Maintainability, and System Safety
* Be responsible for internal research and development
* Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautical or other Engineering field from an accredited college or university
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time, both domestic and internationally
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Advanced Degree from an accredited college or university
* 1 year or more of professional industry experience
* Ability to obtain a Six Sigma Green Belt Certification within 1 year
* Ability to influence and seamlessly work cross-functionally in a matrix organization
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customer organizations, including; upper management
* PC literate and ability to use software tools, such as :
* and Microsoft products
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; New York; Norwich
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.