9 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Research, design and development - Electrical engineering
Regular Full time
Employees / Staff
Part time / Full time
Position Title: Project Engineer
Project coordinator on all assigned projects and tasks, including providing input and guidance to other engineering personnel who may be given tasks to support the project. Required to maintain schedules and objectives of the projects. They are responsible to provide the necessary technical knowledge and program coordination throughout the product development phase
• Acts as the prime project technical lead/liaison with the customer responsible for identifying, tracking, and resolving all technical issues as they arise.
• Manages as well as plans, schedules and tracks all tasks required for completion of the project.
• Interacts regularly with customer, suppliers, and other company functions/disciplines to keep program on track.
• Manage all assigned engineering disciplines and interfaces related to the program.
• Manage and coordinate and lead design review meetings for both internal and external with customers.
• Provide status updates regularly and upon request.
• Creates and tracks metrics that can be used to determine health of the project and used for reporting to upper management.
• Technical writing and presentations.
• Must be capable of working with little or no supervision, and brief other company departments/disciplines on product details and project status.
• Responsible to assist in the bid and proposal efforts for new programs, budget development, and customer exploratory marketing.
• Project supervisor coordinating all facets of product development to ensure the design technical aspects and schedule meet the contractual requirements.
• Requires indirect supervision of assigned project personnel.
• Other duties outside of this summary may be assigned as required by the on-site engineering manager.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution. Specifically related in an Engineering discipline: Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering.
• Five years experience leading technical development teams.
• Outstanding skills in the Microsoft Office suite include Project.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• PMP certification.
• Experience using DOORs requirement management software.
• Knowledge in Aerospace Electrical Systems Design and Development.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
North America, United States, Florida, Sarasota
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years