3 months ago
The APNav project is seeking an Early Career Java, (or even .NET) programmer/analyst to support an Agile development team responsible for developing the Airplane Navigation (APNav) user interface to support Sales and Marketing campaigns and Flight Operations Engineering. Key Roles for the developer/programmer analyst include software/GUI design, development, test, and troubleshoot the software and automate the deployment of the desktop application, as well as supporting updates to the development environment and implementation of Software Engineering Best Practices. A high level of end user engagement is expected during the current development activities.
APNav allows users to create input files for the Boeing Mission Analysis Program and the Standard Takeoff Analysis Software applications. Outputs are used by Sales and Marketing campaigns to communicate the performance capabilities of Boeing aircraft during sales campaigns and generate revenue for Boeing. The information flowing through the tool includes operational aircraft performance including takeoff, enroute & landing. Examples of considerations that need to be communicated to future Boeing airline customers include: How far can this airplane fly? What city pair? How much cargo or passenger? How much fuel is needed. As well as, route planning optimization for cruise fuel efficiency.
Team is co-located in the Bellevue Digital Transformation Environment lab environment. DTE is a digital accelerator focused on designing and building in-house solutions and differentiating capabilities to help Boeing compete in our second century. It is a key initiative under 2nd Century Enterprise Systems (2CES). DTE focus is on innovative solutions implementing cutting-edge agile software development methodologies and user-centric design.
• Work with product manager and UX designer to define application requirements
• Pairing (practice, teach)
• TDD Test Driven Development (practice, teach)
• CI/CD Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (practice, teach)
• Willingness to contribute to the development of the methodology and software development discipline, interest and passion for coaching and growing talent within the team.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in object oriented development - Java preferred
* Minimum of 1 year designing, configuring and supporting DevOps environment for Test Driven Development methods and Continuous Integration for Agile Development
* Experience scripting in a Linux/Unix environment
* Experience applying Software Engineering Best Practices across teams
* Experience with Source Control management using GIT
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Contingent Upon Program Award