3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
The Technical Office Administrator will coordinate with the Program Technical Staff, and the Component Engineering Teams to maintain and process the technical communication memos between UTAS, the customers, and the suppliers. The Office Administrator will be responsible for all ECM’s on Regional and Business Jet programs.
The Technical Office Administrator activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
* Review Engineering Coordination Memos(ECM’s) for completeness and export markings, Maintain ECM logs (electronic and paper), Send/Receive ECMs to Customer/Suppliers. Distribute ECMs internally by e-mail. Create Electronic Data Submittals (EDS) in Teamcenter for ECM transmittal and retrieval.
* Coordinate with engineering, customer and supplier to close out overdue ECMs. Track and create visuals for overdue ECMs and escapes
* Create and update standard work for ECM processes.
* Attend ITC Export Training annually on classification, xClass and TEXPORT. Perform classifications for ECMs, presentations, and reports xClass Classifier. Create xClass requests for all ECMs transmitted.
Applicant must qualify for access to U.S. export-controlled technology without a license. Non-immigrant visas will not be sponsored for this position. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident, or designated a refugee or asylee under U.S. law.
* Previous experience in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to manage multiple priorities is a must.
* Applicant must be familiar with Teamcenter, MS Project, EXCEL and WORD management tools and MS Office suite. xClass and TEXPORT training will be provided as needed.
* Familiarity with data management, processing and data storage. Nacelle experience is a plus
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* High School Diploma/GED or Associate's degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.