6 months ago
Program Quality Engineer - P&WC Programs
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58832BR Date posted 01/08/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
ES is looking for a Program Quality Engineer to join our team.
The Program Quality Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of ES products and processes. This person will manage and coordinate Pratt & Whitney Canada quality activities including customer communications, lead Corrective Action Boards, metrics reporting to ES Management team, supplier quality management, escape investigations, and product conformity reviews.
- Be the primary program quality interface with customer and internal management, for reviews and presentations.
- Use customer and internal metrics to create, lead, and/or implement improvements that drive customer satisfaction.
- Lead development, production/operations and supply chain teams for
effective “root cause” analysis, corrective and preventative actions.
- Determine proper disposition of nonconforming material, track effectiveness of corrective actions and read across to other programs.
- Drive sites and teams to effective improvements and proactive initiatives using various ACE/Lean/Six Sigma tools and skills.
- Lead and communicate planned quality initiatives within all levels of the ES organization.
Qualification: - 3-7+ years of experience in quality, engineering, manufacturing and/or operations management.
- Requires strong computer skills (SAP, Microsoft Office, Minitab).
- The candidate should possess strong problem solving skills.
- The program Quality Engineer must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization.
This job is best suited to a self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Individual must possess a positive “can do” attitude and have a passion for continuous improvement and success.
The position will report to the P&WC Program Quality Manager and be located in Windsor Locks, CT.
Education: - Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant Engineering or technical discipline. A Master of Science or MBA degree is a plus.
- ASQ certified quality engineer (CQE) and/or Six Sigma Black Belt certification is a plus (CSSBB).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.