8 months ago
Program Quality Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55856BR Date posted 10/27/City Chula Vista
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at UTC Aerospace Systems, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. We invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
Currently, the Aerostructures business unit is seeking a Program Quality Engineer for its Chula Vista, California location.
The Program Quality Engineer will act as the Quality interface including customer and internal management communication, reviews and presentations for the assigned Program. The individual will provide expertise between the organization and both internal/external customers to ensure their requirements and expectations are satisfied. The Program Quality Engineer supports efforts to continue our standard operating system (ACE) and quality culture initiatives.
In this role you will:
* Manage customer communication in a timely professional manner when critical issues/situations arise, ensuring they are handled correctly and within current policy/procedure guidelines.
* Maintain a close relationship with customers and program leadership to ensure compliant hardware deliveries.
* Prepare, submit and coordinate concessions approval package.
* Interacts with internal sites to facilitate the investigation and elimination of causes of quality problems and follow-up on corrective actions.
* Coordinate preparation and management of Notification of Escapes (AS9131) with suppliers, internal manufacturing and the customer.
* Lead or participate in kaizen events for the assigned program(s)
* Provide support relative to the collection and analysis of Program quality data.
* Participate in and lead Manufacturing Process Reviews (MPR’s)
* Implement and maintain PDPR quality metrics, including customer required metrics.
* Assist in the preparation, review and approval of specific quality documents, such as Quality Plans, Qualification Test Procedures, and Acceptance Test Procedures.
* Participate in customer, third party regulatory and internal audits when required.
* Monitor Quality Notifications in SAP, to ensure timely closure.
* Support ACE initiatives to assist the R&E programs progression to Bronze, Silver and Gold.
* Advance in the ACE/Lean certification program to practitioner.
* Execute the initiatives of the organization.
* Any other special assignment as required
Qualification: Basic Qualifications
* 5-6 Years of experience
* Understanding of auditing requirements to industry and regulatory requirements, such as AS9100, AS9102.
* Experience with RCCA's both internally and with suppliers.
* Good analytical skills to develop, monitor, and interpret key metrics and business indicators, as well as develop and execute solutions to noted issues
* Must have excellent organizational skills, able to work independently, and operate across organizational levels
* Computer skills- Proficiency in Word, Power Point, Excel, Project
* Practical CI /ACE / Six Sigma experience a plus
* Experience with SAP and other IT Quality applications a plus
* 25% travel required
* Willingness to work nonstandard hours
* Flexible working arrangements available
* Must be able to lift items that weigh 50lbs or more
Education: Engineering major discipline from a four-year university required.
BA/BS degree w/4–7+ years experience
MA/MS degree w/2–5+ years experience
PhD degree w/0–2+ years experience
ASQ Certification and/or Six Sigma Black Belt is desirable
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.