9 months ago
Program Planning and Control (PP&C) Analyst
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53259BR Date posted 09/12/City Rockford
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Actuation Systems, Regional and Business Jet Programs (RBJ) is seeking a Program Planning and Control Analyst to support business program activities at its Rockford, IL site. The position supports EVMS (End Value Management System) and PP&C (Program Planning & Control) which includes estimating program completion timelines and budgets. This role also partners with PMO to manage/report program budget deviations.
* Engage in wide range of project financial management activities including budgeting, forecasting, estimate at complete (EAC), estimate to complete (ETC), and variance analysis management for all actuation systems programs.
* Manage the engineering business units financial tool (Tiger) management for program budgeting and earned value management system (EVMS) to include performance indicator report compilation.
* Download and analyzes data from Tiger in support of all program planning and control activities.
* Help drive the bottoms up ETC estimates for all actuations development programs ensuring consistent, compliant and accurate estimates are generated in an efficient manner.
* Support regular ETC and EVMS reviews with PMs, SIPTs and CIPTs for all programs through the use of standardized processes, tools, and reports.
* Provide closing analysis and status report for all programs for quarterly management EAC review.
* Manage charge number management and control to support Change Board Reviews.
* Manage the Outsourcing Accrual process.
* Minimum of 4 years experience managing projects and budgets.
* Experiences using financial systems
* Experience using Earned Value Management System for financial controls
* Experience working cross-functionally
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* Experience with process improvement.
* Strong attention to detail
* Proven ability to generate reports and data analysis
* Strong Excel skills including pivot tables, Vllook-up, equations, graphs and charts, and scripting
* MS Word, Project, Power Point and SAP proficiency
* Scripting/macro/programming experience desired
* Local candidates preferred
Education: BA/BS degree in Engineering, Finance or related field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.