7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That's why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
Because of a strategic commitment, United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) created the Electronic Systems Center (ESC) headquartered in scenic Phoenix, AZ. The ESC supports a wide variety of UTAS aerospace products with state-of-art engineering development, testing, and production facilities and expertise. The ESC team designs, tests, builds and supports electronic control units and systems for primary flight control systems, high-lift systems, electronic and hydraulically actuated brake control systems, and many other products for all parts of the United Technologies Enterprise.
We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges-safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
* The Program Planner and Scheduler will be a part of the Program Management Office and support various Electronic Systems Center's projects. The role will involve schedule creation, schedule integrity analysis, schedule performance monitoring, and the analysis of projects on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
* Interested candidates should have a thorough understanding of scheduling techniques and experience using MS Project to develop and maintain integrated project schedules.
* The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills and work well in a team environment.
* Work closely with technical leads to ensure schedules and costs are accurate and comprehensive and include milestones, deliverables, dependencies, predecessors, successors, lag time, and all other pertinent MS Project data.
* Meet with the project team weekly to manage project performance, status, open issues, and tasks.
* Conduct critical path analysis and work closely with the IPT to manage tasks and workflow.
* Contribute to the identification of barriers and risk factors that may inhibit or impede the project.
* Lead the project in baseline and change control and effectively communicate issues to PMO.
* Generate reports showing project status, to include EV data, SP&A charts, TCPI, BEI, and actuals vs PMB.
* Maintain and provide analysis of trends, performance analysis, resource cost and forecasting reports.
* Ensure compliance with company guidelines and internal processes and recommend changes to improve the efficiency of scheduling, monitoring, and reporting of projects.
* Proficient-level skills with Microsoft Project 2013 and MS Excel
* Critical Path Analysis (CPA)
* Planning arbitration and adjudication across IPTs
* Recovery planning and workaround facilitation
* Working multiple schedules in parallel.
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task amidst rapid change
* Experience with resource loading, identifying and resolving over-allocations and resource reporting in MS Project
* Experience with cost & schedule integration
* Experience with using MS Project Server 2013
* Understanding of Project Management Theory and Concepts
* Product Life Cycle Knowledge including Systems, Hardware, Software, and Mechanical disciplines.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.