7 months ago
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within UTAS and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years. Within ISR & Space Systems we design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems on the International Space Station, including the space suit, and undersea in submarines. Our hardware is paramount to survival in harsh environments, and our passion for our work demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver.
Our business is seeking an experienced and motivated individual who will be responsible for managing a key development program for the Windsor Locks Site. A Program Manager is responsible for end-to-end system performance and for the execution of all aspects of the contract. The PM must be able to manage a complex hardware development program, working with the IPD leads to resolve technical and contractual issues, to prioritize work, to allocate resources, and to understand financial variances. The PM represents UTAS (UTC Aerospace Systems) to the customer on a daily basis and is responsible for successful execution of the contract and for customer satisfaction. A PM must have solid leadership capability with excellent communication skills.
Another core responsibility of this position is to identify opportunities and participate in initiatives for continuous improvement in program execution. The candidate will work with other PMs and functions to identify gaps in effective execution and help improve overall performance. Sharing of lessons learned to preclude recurrence and promoting consistency in risk identification and mitigation is necessary.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to lead a diverse team and manage programs for cost, schedule and technical performance attaining the highest degree of quality and customer satisfaction.
*Experience / Qualifications
* Experience in managing hardware development programs is required
* Able to maintain necessary insight into a multitude of tasks and must have excellent initiative
* Good critical thinking skills with the ability to see the big picture and navigate effectively through the dynamic environment, asking the right questions to craft decision packages and deliver compelling recommendations.
* Candidate must be comfortable with conflict. This attribute is useful in all areas such as informing the customer of bad news immediately, holding team members accountable, raising issues with management when needed, and pushing back on the customer/others as appropriate.
* Position demands coordination of program requirements, cradle-to-grave, across planning, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and test stages in a matrix organization utilizing multiple engineering disciplines and several subcontractors.
* Good oral and written communication skills, leadership capability and ability to work alongside the team when necessary to ensure customer needs are met. Must be able to establish him/herself as an impactful leader.
* Able to understand the linkage between technical, schedule and financial performance to be able to discern where changes may impact the Estimate to Complete
* Capable of negotiating contractual changes including coordination preparations of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, and financial conditions of contracts
* Capable of identifying program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
* Demonstrates action-oriented leadership when faced roadblocks
* Prior finance, contracts, and earned value methodology prior experience is highly desired
* 10% travel
Candidate must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
"As there is potential to work on and manage additional programs, this candidate may be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug-Free Workforce."
*Education / Certifications
BA/BS degree w/10+ years’ experience, international experience preferred
MA/MS degree w/7+ years’ experience (MBA preferred)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.