9 months ago
Program Manager, New Technology
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54082BR Date posted 09/25/City Westford
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers exciting opportunity to lead a diverse team and manage programs for cost, schedule and technical performance attaining the highest degree of quality and customer satisfaction. The Program Manager is responsible for cost, schedule and technical performance of a major program. Position demands coordination of program requirements, cradle-to-grave, across planning, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, test and deployment stages in a matrix organization utilizing multiple engineering disciplines and several subcontractors.
* Interface with and coordinate New Technology Program activities. Run IRAD and Capital programs. Possibility of also running programs with domestic and foreign air force operators, maintainers and procurement officers in their countries.
* Responsible for maintaining positive financial results within the assigned programs, to include regular reporting via monthly control reviews and quarterly EACs.
* Responsible for establishing milestones, and monitoring adherence to master plans, schedules and budgets. Identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
* Lead Negotiations of contractual changes including coordination preparations of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operational budgets, specifications and financial conditions of contracts.
* Contribute to business development opportunities by managing assigned proposal efforts.
* Lead the effort to negotiate and close on New Technology opportunities.
* Oversee engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, integration and test activities as they relate to commercial customers.
* Work within a shared resource matrix management organization and possess the ability to successfully build teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* Knowledgeable of IRAD and CAPEX practices
* Technical and/or financial backgrounds are a plus
* 7 + years of program management or related experience in the defense industry preferably with large programs is a must (in the area of $10M plus is preferred)
* Experience with reconnaissance optical systems, digital imaging systems, SAR systems and/or electro-optical systems is preferred.
* Knowledge of international trade compliance matters is required.
* Proven track record in program management and personnel management.
* Fully fluent in Microsoft Office.
* Reconnaissance background from the US Armed Forces or industry is a plus.
* Must be a proven leader and team builder with demonstrative success in dealing with domestic and foreign customers.
* Multiple language skills are a plus.
* Strong experience in dealing with international customers (understanding & respect of customers culture)
* Due to programs/projects this positions supports the candidate must be a US Citizen.
* Candidate may need a DoD Clearance.
* 20% travel (Domestic and/or international) may be required.
* BA/BS required, preferably with a technical background.
* MA/MS or MBA is a plus.
* Project Management Professional Certification is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.