11 months ago
This salaried position has primary responsibility for managing the Embraer Aircraft Maintenance Program at our Chattanooga, TN facility (CHA). This includes P&L responsibility, employee leadership and customer satisfaction.
The successful incumbent will achieve results by building, developing and leading a team of technicians to service, repair and return aircraft to service in a safe, high quality and timely manner. The working hours are generally Monday – Friday, 7am – 4pm; and will vary based on business demands to include longer hours during peak times, attending customer dinners or other events.
This position reports to the General Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
• Under minimal supervision, exercise discretion and sound business judgment to manage employee and customer needs in line with all
regulatory, safety and company standards established for CHA.
• Hire, assess, and develop employees at various skill levels to perform work in accordance with standard operating procedures along with FAA, quality and safety standards.
• Review available manpower by shift to plan short and long-term training needs along with hiring goals for an optimized workforce.
• Engage employees for feedback on improvement opportunities or other job related needs to enhance the work environment.
• Identify and recommend business opportunities to expand or enhance the Aircraft Maintenance program.
• Partner with Project Management, Avionics and Interiors to develop aircraft schedules from pre-planning, to aircraft delivery. Communicate status updates during routine operational meetings and attend customer meetings as necessary.
• Perform project based planning with the Supervisor to assign manpower, identify and prepare a recovery plan to address any potential risks, schedule changes or any other constraints.
• Ensure all work is performed of the highest technical level and in accordance with company and regulatory procedures, repair station
manual, safety and quality standards.
• Promote and hold employees accountable for a safe work environment to include proper use of all PPE, operation of support equipment, aircraft systems and general housekeeping.
• Perform normal employee management tasks such as reviewing and approving time off requests, labor charges and expense reports; conduct annual performance appraisals; provide regular coaching for performance and team developmental opportunities, in addition to other general employment matters such as hiring, training, conflict resolution, establishing work schedules, overtime assignments.
• Review and manage the after hours technical support process.
• Develop business relationships that foster effective communication across WSA including Sales, Contracts, Engineering and Quality to expeditiously and safely meet the needs of the customer.
• Communicate regularly with Billing to review and sign all final invoices.
• Review material purchases, billing invoices and labor charges to determine cost/profitability.
• Perform other related job duties.