3 months ago
Serve as the primary point-of-contact to manage all aspects of accessory maintenance, repair and delivery. Full responsibility for meeting or exceeding accessory financial P&L, people, quality, safety and customer objectives.
• Oversee the development and growth expectations as defined leadership
• Maintain an on-call / afterhours process to ensure sufficient rotation of assignments between technicians.
• Hire, train and develop accessory maintenance technicians to perform work in accordance with WSA maintenance standard operating procedures along with quality and safety standards to ensure technicians can be cross utilized on other maintenance programs, when/if needed.
• Develop and maintain accessory schedules from pre-planning, to delivery and follow-up.
• Participate in customer meetings providing status updates on work in progress.
• Manpower planning duties to include assigning technicians to maintenance tasks based on work to be accomplished and technician skill level, identify and prepare a recovery plan to address any potential risks, schedule changes or any other constraints.
• Ensure all work is performed of the highest technical level and in accordance with WSA maintenance SOP’s, repair station manual, safety and quality standards.
• Communicate with Billing to review, approve, and sign all final invoices.
• Employee management duties to include time card and vacation approvals, conducting employee performance reviews, providing on the job training / development and making recommendations on general employment matters concerning hiring, firing, disciplinary issues,
promotions, pay adjustments, work schedules and overtime assignments.
• Encourage and promote a safe work environment to include proper use of all PPE, operation of support equipment, aircraft systems and general housekeeping.
The ideal candidate will meet the following minimum requirements:
• 5 years progressive experience in performing maintenance activities in a MRO environment.
• 2 years’ experience in a lead or supervisory role.
• Possess a superior level of technical knowledge across a variety of corporate aircraft.
• Valid FAA A&P license plus an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Maintenance or related curriculum.
• Strong knowledge of part 145 Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers and all levels of the WSA management team.
• Ability to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse situations with customers, employees and / or other departments to maintain mutually beneficial relationships.