6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help support the development of the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
In this role as a Program Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing primarily Department of Defense programs in our Guidance, Navigation & Control Actuation Systems (GNCAS) product line. This individual will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to manage large, complex, highly dynamic Government programs as a Tier 1 supplier to Prime Contractors and/or under a direct contract from a Government organization. The primary programs of interest for this role will be a New Product Introduction (NPI) program, leading all aspects of cost, schedule (experience with Earned Value Management System), risk management, and performance to win a contract and manage the program through the various phases of development, finally into high rate production. This candidate must be able to manage existing programs and also have the self-drive and ability to look for new growth opportunities consistent with the business' strategic roadmap. The successful candidate should have experience dealing with various Government labs, Program Management Offices, and Government organizations related to the development of requirements, solutions, and programs of record.
Qualification: Other Qualifications
* Self-motivated, strong management skills and business acumen, task oriented
* Team player with the ability to lead a cross-functional, geographically disperse team in a matrix organization to meet business and program objectives and milestones.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Education: Basic Qualifications
* BA/BS degree
* Must have 5 years’ experience of MS Project
* 7+ years of relevant experience in Program Management / Product Development
* 5 Product development experience (electrical/mechanical product for military defense products)
* Candidate must be able to travel a minimum of 20%.
* Ability to manage existing programs while at the same time looking for new business opportunities.
* Experience with system, component development experience with Department of Defense missiles/precision guided munitions systems.
* MA/MS degree w/4–7+ years’ experience of relevant program management
* BS/BA in Engineer
* Technical background
* Prior related military service
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.