8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry's biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Power Transmission Systems division of UTC Aerospace Systems in Rome, NY is currently seeking an experienced and customer-focused Program Manager. You will manage and lead tasks of assigned development and production programs within schedule and budget; all while optimizing profitability and growth for our Aerospace product lines. You will lead the site's specific program and customer interactions.
* Responsible for the business performance of assigned programs and customers, including sales, EBIT, productivity, and cost reduction
* Foster and grow external customer relationships
* Leading proposal generation
* Identifying growth opportunities to increase sales and profitability
* Manage and communicate production deliveries
* Ensuring development programs meet progress on schedule and budget while meeting all customer requirements
* Establish and communicate programmatic goals to ensure customer satisfaction
Specific Responsibilities Include
* Lead Customer Support activities
* Establish pricing, negotiate and manage the timely submittal of major proposals, quotations and contracts
* Coordinate with production, operations and Delivery Assurance in managing production deliveries to meet customer schedule requirements
* Represent the program with our company senior management, managing and reporting revenue, earnings, capital expenditure, new business development, and customer satisfaction
* Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, proactively identify problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or negotiating contractual specifications
* Be responsible for risk/opportunity management and earned value management of assigned work to assure on-time and within budget completion including work performed at subcontractors
* Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas
* Represent our company with our customers and manage the program to meet contract requirements, including delivery schedules, cost, and technical specifications
* Organize and conduct program review status reviews, team meetings, and various other regular business activities
* 6 years of experience in Project Engineering, Operations Management or Customer facing position in the Aerospace industry
* Strong communication skills, ability to navigate competing priorities and a high level of engagement are critical to success
* Must be able to lead within a matrix organization to achieve business goals and deliver on customer commitments
* Knowledge of aftermarket business and DOD customers
* Additional relevant experience can be considered.
* There is some travel required for this position (20 percent)
* Willingness to travel internationally as needed
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree is required
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering
* MBA is a plus.
* 6 years of experience in Project Engineering, Operations Management or Customer facing position in the Aerospace industry; additional relevant experience can be considered
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.