12 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Program Manager is accountable for the coordinated management of all technical product development and/or improvement programs to ensure the ultimate success of the company. An incumbent will define the scope of projects, develop, manage budgets and schedules, identify milestones, risks, and communicate program status to upper management. Also, oversee and guide individual projects from inception to completion and convey the important relationship of each project to the business objectives.
• Lead the coordination of projects with Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Quality Assurance and other stakeholders to ensure schedule, scope, and budget adherence of each program.
• Hold ultimate ownership and programmatic decision-making authority for each individual program
• Hold each respective department accountable for the on-time/on-budget completion of their deliverables toward the program
• Serve as the single point of contact for internal and external stakeholders including customers
• Assist Sales and Engineering in the creation of the Scope of Work required for each individual program
• Work with department heads to determine the appropriate resource budget and plan for each respective program
• Establish, document, communicate, and manage program milestones, responsibilities, and risks to resolve adverse conditions affecting schedule, budget, product performance, and customer satisfaction
• Communicate program projections/forecasts concerning schedule and budget and factors potentially affecting the overall outcome of the program to internal and external stakeholders including customers (when applicable)
• Ensure the overall program structures and processes enable the project teams to successfully complete their work and that the project deliverables can be integrated into the program’s end product, service, results and/or benefits
• Ensure projects are organized and successfully executed utilizing established standards integrating across divisions and teams
• Manage conflicting priorities with other programs
• Evaluate and solve difficult problems that impact the overall success of the program
• Synthesize disparate observations and data to make recommendations to senior management and customers (when applicable)
• Develop and communicate expectations with success measures for teams and partners.
• Monitor process, progress and results to ensure assigned program deliverables add value to the business unit and through tangible benefits and measurable outcomes both financial and non-financial
• Manage program adoption planning as part of the implementation phase and manages transition of work and responsibilities to appropriate teams
• Manage vendor selection, implementation, and performance processes
• Maintain technical knowledge of all company products
• Commitment to comply with the requirements of Avionica’s Quality System Manual.
• Continual improvement of the quality management systems effectiveness.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent work experience
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Experience managing and forecasting budgets, schedules, and financial analysis; managing and negotiating contractual commitments; managing change orders.
Proven history of fostering teamwork and collaboration across multiple functional areas in competing priorities
Strong knowledge of program planning/management
Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and analytical)
Strong ability to analyze job content and make recommendations
Avid user in standard Microsoft program/project management tools (i.e. Project Server, Professional, SharePoint.)
Ability to complete complex tasks in a timely fashion with minimal supervision
Masters of Business Administration degree
Familiarity with avionics or embedded systems development
PMP/PMI certification in project management
Experience with EVM and POC/EAC techniques
Locations: United States; Florida; Miami
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.