4 months ago
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to Spaceflight? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
The UTC Aerospace Systems, Civil Space & Sea Systems business designs and manufactures Environmental Control and Life Support Systems for the space and maritime industry. Our hardware is paramount to survival in harsh environments, and our passion for our work demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to lead a diverse team and manage programs for cost, schedule and technical performance attaining the highest degree of quality and customer satisfaction.
Civil Space & Sea Systems is seeking a Program Manager to lead one or more of its hardware development and production programs. The Program Manager has direct accountability for the success of a product line program(s) as measured by the terms and requirements of the applicable contract, by profitability/cost expectations set by the Business Leader and General Manager and by the measure of customer satisfaction.
* Comply with program management standard work and adhere to company policies and procedures
* Implement Integrated Product Development (IPD) and serve as the single point of authority for new product development and introduction
* Charter and lead the Program Integrated Product Team (IPT) through all phases of the program management process, specifically ensuring the successful achievement of all deliverable outputs and customer requirements. Plan, manage, execute, monitor and control all elements of the program.
* Develop, maintain and execute Program Operating (Management) Plans, the Program Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and resource loaded Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
* Implement the Program’s EVMS, Analysis & Reporting Plan. Conduct performance variance root cause analysis and ensure corrective action is implemented. Ensure schedule compliance, and that program costs are aligned with budget
* Develop and implement the Program’s Risk & Opportunities Management Plan
* Identify and monitor resources required to fulfill program objectives, and coordinate requirements with site and functional management
* Act as a central point of communication and escalation from project team members, vendors, customers, management and others impacted by project activities.
* Responsible for program performance reporting; issue escalation; information distribution; metrics/KPIs; compliance; financial management; PMO performance management
* Develop executive level communications and presentations for internal, executive management and customer reviews
* Utilize lean principles to continuously improve Program processes and performance
* Identify, develop, secure and execute organic growth opportunities
* Support Program Execution Improvement and Business Development Initiatives
* Mentor/coach aspiring Program Managers
* Demonstrated experience with the design, development, testing, evaluation and production of complex system hardware as a project engineer or Program Manager.
* Experience developing integrated, resource loaded project schedules utilizing Microsoft Project.
* Experience utilizing the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) in the management of contract cost and schedule performance.
* Experience implementing risk management as a tool to identify and mitigate technical, cost and schedule risk
* Ability to travel domestically up to 10% of time
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Power Point, Excel, Microsoft Project
* Familiarity with Environmental Control and Life Support (ECLSS) Systems utilized for spaceflight or maritime systems.
* Planning and Organizing - Structures, staffs and plans work effectively to meet program requirements.
* Program Execution and Risk Management - Manages programs in a thorough and strategic manner that anticipates and plans for contingencies and minimizes risk.
* Driving Ownership and Accountability - Demonstrates ownership and instills in others the need to take personal responsibility for tasks, and accepts the consequences of actions and decisions.
* Partnering - Creates ownership and commitment to common goals through collaborative effort.
* System Thinking - Understands the complex interrelationships of the multitude of factors affecting system structure and performance.
* Communication Skills - Expresses ideas effectively to establish self as a credible and capable leader.
* Persistence - Does whatever it takes to overcome obstacles to achieve goals.
* Adaptability - Adjusts quickly to high-pressure, rapidly changing business conditions and uncertain business environments.
* Technical/Functional Acumen – Adds value to the business through an understanding of the capabilities and limits of relevant technology.
Must be a U.S. Person
This job may be considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. If so, the selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
Education: B.S in Engineering or other related technical degree
8-10+ years total experience in engineering development / production assignments
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.