5 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58838BR Date posted 01/08/City Charlotte
State North Carolina
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology (DT) team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to empower digITal. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
The Technical Project Manager, Infrastructure is responsible for managing multiple cross-functional infrastructure programs while working closely with data center, core infrastructure engineers, end user technology and business teams to lead them towards a launch. This position involves regular communication with leadership on status, risks, plans, and changes in launch strategy. The Sr. TPM will be fully competent in project management tools and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle. The candidate will be familiar with the end user and cloud computing industry and will be passionate about providing the best possible customer experience at the best cost. The candidate will have an obsession for detail, data and precise analysis and will use these as inputs to make decisions.
• Manages cross-functional infrastructure projects covering a range of areas (cloud transformation, data center, office renovations, network, storage, virtualization, end user technology, M&A).
• Develops and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
• Provides hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
• Provides day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
• Drives internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, and measure impact by defining meaningful metrics to meet company quality goals.
• Interfaces with cross-functional teams to insure scope, schedule, resources are aligned across teams.
• Ensures that lessons learned are captured comprehensively, acted on and communicated out for each project.
• Builds quality control and quality assurance into project plans effectively.
• Provides coaching for other team members to improve skill sets.
• Works with project team to continuously update dates, scope, status, and documentation so that the project and its status are well understood.
• Manages dependencies and handoffs effectively and optimize schedules accordingly.
10 - 20 %
Qualification: • Confident leader who can prioritize and analyze tradeoffs, communicate clearly and compellingly and effectively influence internally and externally, across organization boundaries.
• Able to independently influence and resolve conflicts with others
• Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with different teams within organization
• Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
• Ability to operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time be able to guide a team toward an objective.
• Able to provide architectural guidance and direction throughout the project lifecycle.
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management.
• Must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure.
• Exceptional analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Experience in management of complex technology infrastructure project.
• Experience with and deep understanding of multiple project management methodologies including AGILE
Education: BA/BS degree w/10+ years experience or
MA/MS degree w/7+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.