6 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Astronics Advanced Electronic Systems (AES) is a division of Astronics Corporation (ATRO). AES is an industry leader in aircraft electrical power systems, including generation and distribution. Our markets include commercial transport (Boeing and Airbus), business jet (several), and military platforms. We are the world leader in in-seat power for laptops and other devices with our EMPOWER® product line. We are also a leading innovator of electronic circuit breakers and power distribution systems for business jets with our COREPOWER® product line. Astronics’ revenues have grown at 28% average growth rate over the last 5 years. AES, based in Kirkland Washington, has over 500 employees, and has won awards as the best place to work on the Seattle Eastside for 11 years consecutively.
The overriding business objective for the Program Manager will be to successfully transition AES to a world-recognized leader in aircraft electrical power systems for small to mid-sized business jets, UAV’s and rotorcraft.
The key performance objectives for this position are described below:
* Lead development projects. The ultimate objective for this position is to successfully lead a technical team in a fast paced, high pressure environment, on assigned product development projects from inception to production. The PM will utilize effective communication, problem resolution, technical decision making, and aggressive project management skills to accomplish the objectives. Success criteria for this position will be development of a collaborative working relationship with the technical team and successful completion of the assigned product development projects by meeting all customer expectations, product technical performance, deliverable milestones on schedule, NRE budget, and product recurring design to cost targets. A measure of success will be based on major project performance reviews on assigned projects every 6 months and monthly Program Reviews with senior management.
* Manage external customer expectations, communications, negotiations, and scope creep. The primary goal of the PM will be to successfully build and manage external customer relationships, communications, and expectations to reduce risk to the company utilizing effective communication and negotiation skills. Success criteria for this position will be building, or fostering existing relationships, with key external customer contacts, and negotiation of contracts and engineering change requests based on requested technical changes and/or scope creep eliminating NRE cost overruns and/or schedule delays. A measure of success will be based on project performance reviews on assigned projects every 6 months.
* Resolve problems both internal and with the customer for both technical and commercial issues. The successful PM will leverage their problem resolution skills, communication skills, project management skills, and experience to resolve both technical and commercial issues with both internal and external customers in a timely, highly motivated, and calm manner. Success criteria for this position will be resolving problems in a timely manner with positive concurrence from both sides in a calm and collective manner. A measure of success will be based on project performance reviews on assigned projects every 6 months.
* Lead product development technical & commercial proposal activities. The successful PM will lead a proposal generation team in a fast paced, high pressure environment, on assigned product development proposals utilizing effective communication, technical decisions making, and project management skills. Proposal generation includes volume creation, NRE and recurring cost analyses, schedule estimation, contract review/negotiations, and compliance matrix generation. Success criteria for this position will be submitting the completed thorough proposal on schedule meeting all customer RFP expectations. A measure of success will be based on managing a proposal activity within 6 months.
* Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with engineering, operations, upper management and external customers. The PM will effectively communicate with both internal and external customers providing clear direction, planning, clarification, guidance, decisions, status, and issue resolution utilizing informal email, formal Word & Excel correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, and MS Project as applicable. Success criteria for this position will be submitting and presenting to senior management monthly program reviews and external customer quarterly program performance reviews. A measure of success will be presenting the monthly senior management reviews and quarterly customer reviews in a clear and concise manner with high confidence.
* Support on-going company quality initiatives. The PM will successfully support and may lead the development program management group with on-going company quality initiatives, as assigned, including process/procedure improvements, cost reduction initiatives, & schedule efficiency improvements. Evidence of success will be completing the assigned company initiatives and implementation plan on schedule and within budget.
In summary, the PM will have a significant impact to the successful growth of Astronics. This is a leadership position within a dynamic company that is excited about the long term growth of aircraft electrical power systems.
Minimum Qualifications: Technical degree required and 5 years equivalent work experience. Prefer minimum 2 years of team leadership experience. Experience in aerospace industry highly desired.
Eligibility Requirement: Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
Astronics AES is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Astronics AES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.