3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Want to be part of a finance team where every day is unique and exciting? Are you ready to analyze a diverse set of products that really make a difference? If so, then UTC Aerospace Systems is the place for you! By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to support thousands of aerospace, defense and space systems across more than 150 sites in 26 countries. Additionally, as UTC Aerospace Systems is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (Fortune 50), it operates as its own business with its own reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a mission that truly makes a difference to modern flight and space advancements, then this team is right for you!
The individual hired for this position, will be responsible for:
* Performs accounting activities for various programs.
* Provide support for a large Program Finance Department in executing the timely closing and financial reporting of all Original Equipment (OE) and Aftermarket (AMS) programs profitability and loss.
* Prepare analyses and post journal entries including warranty, royalty, cost, revenue recognition and reserve adjustments.
* Prepare various monthly supplemental schedules including Backlog & Orders, Sales and Cost Channels/Geographic and warranty roll-forward analyses.
* Prepare accounts reconciliation for various inventory and reserve accounts.
* Prepare data collection for annual tax packages relating to revenue accounts and program related balance sheet accounts.
* Reconcile financials in the program module against the financial module in SAP system.
* 3+ years experience working with G/L and Financial Statements; reconciling G/L accounts; preparing support schedules.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to make sound accounting technical recommendations to a program finance analyst.
* Capable of making improvements to existing processes.
* Proven organization skills with ability to properly prioritize and complete tasks with minimal direction.
* Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
* Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
* Working knowledge of SAP and HFM (or other ERP systems)
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
* Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.