10 months ago
* •Assign work and oversee activities of manufacturing employees with safety, quality, delivery, and cost as primary goals
* •Lead continuous improvement via lean initiatives, and facilitate the implementation of ideas; complete advanced Lean Principles training
* •Drive performance objectives in the areas of delivery, cost, quality, and safety, and assist team members in consistently achieving their specific goals
* •Build positive employee relationships based on defined measurable goals, open communication, and participative management
* •Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal customers
* •Operate and/or oversee the operation of technical processes and equipment
* •Monitor equipment and processes and ensure recording of process parameters
* •Troubleshoot manufacturing anomalies relating to equipment and process operation, productivity, and quality
* •Monitor the proper and efficient material handling to ensure product traceability, adherence to quality requirements, and scheduling demands
* •Follow all procedures administered by safety, quality, process engineering and facilities engineering
* •Create a flexible workforce via training of personnel across manufacturing operations
* •Complete Leadership-type training as specified by the Operations Manager
* •Perform other duties as required
* •Building a Successful Team
* •Decision Making
* •Managing Conflict
* •Planning and Organizing
* •Safety Awareness
* •Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
* •Three years of experience in a technical position or previous Leadership experience
* •Demonstrated ability to train others
* •Demonstrated ability in technical problem-solving
* •Must demonstrate the physical capacity to meet the demands of a Job Placement Assessment (JPA) as administered by St. Elizabeth Business Health Services
* •Potential to work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
* •Potential to work in confined spaces and wear a respirator and/or self-contained breathing apparatus
* •Subjected to environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils, and other related industrial hazards
* •May be exposed to and handle hazardous wastes as defined in 40 CFR 261.3
* •Vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.