5 months ago
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will lead and manage people, processes and resources for the repair and/or overhaul of landing gears, in accordance with customer and regulatory requirements, while meeting all shop, division and corporate goals.This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
* Oversees, monitors, and coordinates production team activities, giving importance to individual member's and overall team's achievement of established goals.
* Ensures team's goals are aligned with and representative of the overall company's directive.
* Acts as liaison between team members and the rest of the organization.
3-5 years of leadership experience in a related field
*Education / Certifications
* Associate's degree or its equivalent with 3- 5 years of leadership experience in a related field.
* Bachelors degree preferred.
* A&P License preferred, but a minimum of 18 months landing gear MRO experience required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.