about 1 year ago
Production Supervisor, 2nd Shift
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Production Supervisor, 2nd Shift (PECO)
Astronics-PECO, located in Clackamas, Oregon, designs and manufactures highly engineered commercial aerospace interior components and systems for the aerospace industry. We specialize in Passenger Service Units (PSUs) which incorporate air handling, emergency oxygen, electrical power management and cabin lighting systems. We also manufacture a wide range of fuel tank access doors that meet stringent strength, fuel sealing and anti-corrosion requirements. To support our expansion, we are seeking a qualified Production Supervisor for our off-shifts.
The purpose of this position is to monitor and direct the off-shift employees and processes within the company's manufacturing group. This includes ensuring processes and methods are in accordance with throughput and quality standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following duties and others as assigned.
* Responsible for the supervision of all production floor employees. Includes coordination and delegation of all work, monitoring of all production jobs, throughputs, scrap-rates and uptime.
* Orients new employees to PECO culture and processes, and directs all appropriate new hire training.
* Completes daily shift reports.
* Designs, directs and monitors on-going training for all employees. Ensures accurate training records are maintained.
* Monitors work performance, quality and output; takes corrective and preventive action as necessary.
* Determines the need for Maintenance and Tool Room needs; submits necessary work orders.
* Monitors operating supply levels.
* Reviews routings, work instructions, etc. for accuracy and works with Manufacturing Engineers to make corrections.
* Reviews and approves time off requests. Partners with HR to manage attendance related issues.
* Monitors safe work practices. Provides direction to employees and takes preventive action as needed.
* Monitors production processes to established controls.
* Recommends process / fixtures improvements.
* Works with MEs on process / fixture improvements and cost reductions.
* Coordinates and monitors 5S activities and practices.
* Counsels employees and implements formal discipline, in coordination with HR, as required by Company Policy and the collective bargaining agreement.
* Monitors staffing levels and schedules overtime as necessary.
* Attends Quality Manual Standards Training and applies Quality Standards accordingly.
* Runs daily standup meetings, and coordinates other informational meetings as necessary.
* Ensures that objectives and tasks are carried out across shifts.
* Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation and this position may be responsible for the performance of various functions that may be an integral part of the Company's overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
This job directly supervises as many as forty non-exempt, unionized, production workers.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below each are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment, including three to five years as a Production Supervisor.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Production Management or Engineering is preferred.
* Knowledge of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
* Plastic Injection molding experience is a plus.
* Ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution.
* Strong project supervisory skills.
* Ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-month time span.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong mathematical skills.
* Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office applications.
PECO-Astronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.