6 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Manage hourly technicians, providing priorities for work assignments, optimizing performance, developing and ensure adherence to standard work. Monitor and look for abnormalities that could impact operator safety, product and process quality, and cause missed deliveries.
In addition you will :
* Oversight and management of front-line manufacturing employees
* Responsible for safety, quality and delivery of the team while maintaining integrity and compliance standards
* Develops new solutions under guidance and / or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
* Works together with business leadership
* Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done
* Delivers products as part of a team
* Works on cross functional teams
* Coach, develop, discipline, setting consistent and fair standard for all employees and ensure accountability is maintained for all team members, in areas of attendance, performance, conflict resolutions etc.
* Manage yourself and your team with the highest level of integrity and honesty
* Coordinate with other functions, to resolve issues in a team environment
* Develop strong working relationships with peers, lead by influence to accomplish goals
* Develop a working knowledge of processes and products to ensure technical adherence to key quality inputs
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited University or College (Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Manufacturing and / or Operations role
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* Ability and willingness to work 12 hour shifts (6pm - 6am)
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Delaware; Newark
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.