4 months ago
Position Title : Production Set-Up Operator (Machining)
Primary Job Function:
Assist with all aspects of the production floor requirements, including assembly and machine set-up. Provides Operator Training, Technical support and solutions to help resolve production problems related to Design intent, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
* • Experience with machining equipment setup and operation.
* • Experience operating and setup of various forms of drill presses, lathes, and mills.
* • Proficient in writing programs, setting up, operating, and trouble shooting of CNC machines.
* • Good understanding and use of measurement tools (calipers, etc.).
* • Basic understanding of drawings specifications, process sheets, manufacturing routings, bill of materials, etc.
* • Basic understanding 5 Whys problem solving capabilities.
* • Basic understanding of Lean principles.
* • Ability to work under deadlines and compressed schedules.
* • Must be able to complete required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
* • Ability to work with and in diverse groups.
* • Flexibility to move around to different departments and areas.
* • Understand and perform setups ranging in complexity and be familiar with minor repairs needed for production equipment.
* • Regular, predictable attendance is required.
* • Other tasks may be assigned by Supervisor.
* • High School Diploma or GED.
* • 2 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment or graduate from a machining or technical program.
* • No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Sarasota area (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
* • Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs.
* • Must be able to read and write in English.
* • Must be able to sit, stand, reach (including overhead), squat, stoop, bend.
* • Must be able to stand at least 4 hours in an 8 hour shift.
* • Ability to carry out written or oral instructions.
* • Vision requirements may include the ability to adjust focus, depth perception and close vision.
* • Willing to work overtime if required.
* • Must be able to obtain forklift certification.
* • Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
* • Technical Background in production and assembly.
* • Experience in various forms of welding.
* • Experience in quality inspection.
* • Good communication and interpersonal skills are needed to interact with all facets of manufacturing.
* • Analytical and critical thinking. Able to make logical decisions and solve basic problems.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.