12 months ago
Job Title:Production Planning and Control ManagerExempt / Non-Exempt:Exempt
Shift:External Description:SUMMARY: Lead and manage the Operations activities for Engineer-to-order products designed by ATS. This team has responsibility for creating Bills of Materials based on engineering drawings, performing make/buy analysis, planning production and procurement activity, maintaining status of the Operations activities and all aspects of Purchasing. This position will utilize, develop and refine the necessary tools to enhance workflow and processes to ensure product ships on-time and efficiently. The Operations Manager is responsible for schedule and cost performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties include the following items:
• Gain extensive knowledge of the company’s systems and procedures and drive process improvements.
• Execute and deliver product based on customer requirements.
• Execute production schedule to deliver on time with maximum efficiency and profitability.
• Determine resource requirements to meet business objectives and make recommendations to senior leadership.
• Monitor schedule and coordinate with Program Managers, Staff, and GM of any delays or risks as they arise.
• Coordinate operations and activities with other managers to balance resources between departments.
• Monitor engineer documents, schedules, assignments, and procurement to maintain schedule coridnation and bills of materials.
• Manage implementation of Engineering changes
• Achieve high levels of accuracy in planning data, such as items master and bill of material accuracy. Manage to accuracy metrics.
• Ensure service consistency, meet contractual obligations, and resolve problems for both ATS and the customer.
• Manage workload, training, standard work for the Operations team
• Understand the financial implications of engineering actions and assist in making decisions to maximize profitability for ATS.
• Manage and resolve all issues pertaining to purchases orders: receiving, and invoicing discrepancies and timely closure of purchase orders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Understanding of engineering drawings, bill of materials, ERP/MRP systems.
• Must possess a high degree of interpersonal skills to facilitate a team environment.
• Diplomacy, negotiation skills, and tact are a must.
• Must be able to function as an advocate for all internal and external customers.
• Must be highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• Demonstrated high levels of verbal and written communication, human relation skills and reasoning ability.
• Ability to accurately understand and use all arithmetic calculations used within a business financial scope.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or Manufacturing
• 5 years experience in planning or production control
• Excellent leadership skills
• Previous experience with ERP systems and bill of materials
This job description is not a contract for employment, and either party may terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.
17 days ago
only 23 days until close
15 days ago
only 21 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close