about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10552
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Horsham
Functional Area: Operations
Division: PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
In this position, you will plan and implement work for assigned production unit(s), ensuring parts or materials and manpower are available for the shop to perform the work. Duties include the expectation to plan changes for assigned unit(s) and coordinates into production when appropriate. You will provide other support to production, purchasing, shipping/receiving, and management as required.
Scheduling & Planning
• Maintain customer lead times and manage backlog requirements to meet customer expectations
• Plan and schedule workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
• Manage 3rd party manufacturer for planning and supply of product (as required).
• Communicate production schedules and plans within responsibility area on a periodic basis.
• Make decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, capacity, and material availability.
• Plan and/or schedule engineering changes to ensure changes are clear and complied with across the production unit.
• Coordinate proper rotation of inventory to minimize scrap/reworked parts at incorporation time.
• Understand and facilitate the use of KANBANs and other methods to ensure the highest quality and linearity are attainable to production.
Data Management & Analysis
• Identify, collect, analyze, and create data reporting that support Inventory Management.
• Ensure updates to all Oracle ERP Demand History, Forecast, MPS, MDS and MRP data.
• Drive key Inventory Management opportunities through creation of plans that optimize inventory levels
• Analyze production specifications and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource capabilities and requirements.
• Employ project management skills to execute and communicate cost savings projects
• Assist in creating and executing all supply chain material cost savings projects
Other duties as may be assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required in Supply Chain or related field.
• Three to five years’ experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Previous experience with MRP and ERP software required; Oracle preferred
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge in using methodologies in support of manufacturing process improvement efforts (Kanban’s, Inventory Pull Systems, Lean, etc.).
• Self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to interpret documents such as work instructions, schematics and drawings, process routers, bills of material, procedure manuals, and safety rules.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Previous experience with email system required; MS Outlook preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.