8 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Belt Operator in Fort Scott, KS -Evening and Overnight shifts
This position is responsible for operations on various types of machinery related to fabrication/assembly/production of power transmission belts as well as meeting production requirements, safety standards, and quality standards while also maintaining a clean work environment. These openings are on our off shifts which vary in hours 8pm-6am or 9pm-7am, and evening shift 12pm-10pm. Raw edge/Sync hours are from 8pm-6am and evening shifts 12pm-10pm. Training will take place on day shift from 7am-5pm.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Mathematical skills, analytical problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude very beneficial, manufacturing and/or machinery operation experience preferred
* The ability to work in a fast paced environment while meeting production and quality goals and the ability to multitask
* Ability to work in a goal oriented environment and adapt easily to change
* Ability to stand for the duration of the shift and to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently throughout shift
* Successfully pass a background check and physical exam
Starting wage between $11.30-$12.22. and step increases over first 15 months for a top rate of 17.065 hr., 35 cent shift premium for off shifts. Medical, Prescription, Dental, & Vision benefits immediately upon hire. 401(k) and other benefits after 90days-1 year
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.