3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
Our Specialty Seating Systems is recognized as a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of a broad
spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art, 16g dynamically certified cockpit and
cabin crew seats, and 30g crashworthy helicopter seats are showcased on commercial, regional, business, and
military aircraft for most major OEMs. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for
Boeing, Airbus, Cessna, and Bombardier, as well as key military OEMs to include Lockheed Martin and Boeing
Military. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest
challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team.
How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
Position Purpose/Objective: This is an entry-level position that works with computer numeric controlled (CNC) machinery from setup to operation to produce parts and tools from metal, plastic or other materials.
* Load and cycle start programs in CNC Machining center.
* Maintain proper condition of measuring instruments
* Maintain proper cutting conditions on machining centers
* Meet or exceed required output hours
* Show an improving understanding of machine shop practices
* Show development on becoming a Certified Operator for the Machine Shop
* Maintain a clean and hazard free work cell
* Achieve required part cosmetics with manual operations
* Cross-train on different types of machining centers
* Perform all required preventive maintenance in work cell
* Participate in all team stand-ups and uses safe ergonomic practices in performing job
* Participate in EHS risk reduction activities
* Adhere to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct
* Look for ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace
* Provide continuous improvement ideas in order to support lean and ACE initiatives
* Ensure quality products utilizing UTAS quality procedures
* May perform other job duties as required and available for overtime as necessary
* 2 years relevant Machining experience
* Skills Required: Indicate the minimum skills necessary to effectively perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this position
* Ability to set up and operate departmental machines to machine surfaces of metallic and non-metallic workpieces,
* according to specifications and tooling instructions, while under the supervision of others
* Ability to be coached by higher level CNC Machinists
* Ability to read blueprints with some supervision
* Basic mechanical knowledge
* Basic Computer Skills
* Basic Shop Math Skills
* Willing to cross-train
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Willing to perform hand and body warm-up exercises to minimize the potential for repetitive motion injuries
* Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
* Must be able to work in a standing position up to 8 hours per day
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Education: Education Requirements:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.