3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
* Testing a variety of electronic units using prescribed test procedures:
* Setting up and operating various test stands
* Configuring test equipment for special tests as needed
* Interpreting and recording test results
* Recognizing and isolating test equipment failures
* Using diagnostic tools to troubleshoot electronic units to the sub-assembly and component level
* Reading and interpreting technical data such as component maintenance manuals, engineering prints, and schematics
* Effectively communicating work status to team members and support staff (e.g. shift pass down, engineering, maintenance)| Education Minimum Educational Requirements:
In this role, you will be exposed to:
* Products of various weights and sizes
* Equipment with moving parts
* High potential (voltage/current)
* Chemicals that may emit fumes
To minimize safety risk to you and product, you must wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
Due to the nature of our work, you will need to be able to perform the following functions, with or without reasonable accommodation:
* Distinguishing colors and meeting vision requirements
* Bending, stooping, reaching, turning as needed to place units in test stands, pick up totes, place units on rack, etc.
* Using hands for extended periods of time to perform testing and troubleshooting tasks (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation)
* Sitting or standing at a workbench/test stand for extended periods of time
* Lifting up to 10 pounds unassisted
* Transporting product with or without product carts
* 2 years of direct experience testing and troubleshooting electronics to the component level
* Understand the theory of electronic circuitry and electrical components
* Ability to read and interpret technical data
* Ability to write in a clear and concise technical manner
* Good computer skills and knowledge of office software applications
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
* Continuous improvement processes and tools (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, etc.)
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Associates Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience in electronic troubleshoot and repair function is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.