11 months ago
The Service Technician is a member of the Maintenance Department and is responsible for the installation, maintenance, trouble shooting and repair of machinery within the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
* Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
* Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
* Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
* Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities Install, train and provide technical knowledge and troubleshooting on all company machining centers.
* Provide a communication link between maintenance department and equipment manufacturers.
* Create and develop procedural documentation for preventative maintenance and machine service.
* Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
* Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
* Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
* Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
* Check coolant and oil in CNC machines and add as needed.
* Document coolant and oil percentages during checks.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Previous Electrical Discharge Machining experience is preferred but not required.
* Must have good electro-mechanical skills (motors, drives, transformers).
* Knowledge of a specialized field such as machine tool manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance and repair, and/or a broad shop background.
* Technical knowledge and logical troubleshooting across team product line.
* Excellent communication and customer relation skills.
* Rational decision making and problem solving ability.
* Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
* 2 Year Technical degree (Electrical/Automation) and 2 or more years' experience in a related field (desired), or similar mechanical skills/experience (a co-op, internship or job in a manufacturing environment), and a stable work history.
* Educational knowledge of electronics is a must.