5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Production Engineering Specialist is involved with engineering associated with the manufacturing process. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies. The role of Production Engineering Specialist will have responsibility for maintaining accuracy of all work instructions and technical data related to engine maintenance for the site ERP system.
In additon, as the Production Engineering Specialist, you will :
* Ensure accuracy and completeness of all CFM LEAP technical configuration data in the ERP system
* Be Responsible for creation and maintenance of all disassembly, assembly, inspection and repair work instructions for the MRO processes
* Ensure all system data complies with customer and regulatory compliance requirements
* Primary point of contact for Engineering and Production ERP system technical data errors and correction
* Generate and maintain functional process maps for both Engineering and Production processes
* Generate ideas for and assist in the execution of simplification and cost out initiatives
* Identify best practices and implement process improvements for cycle time and cost reduction
* Ability to learn new concepts in a rapidly changing environment
* Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college (Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing
* 2-3 years of experience in manufacturing
* Prior experience of technical publication data related to Aviation Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul
* Previous experience using the GE Aviation OASIS ERP system
* Knowledge of basic engineering industry processes and procedures
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Indiana; Lafayette
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.