10 months ago
Job Code :
CSI Aerospace, Inc.
Broken Arrow OK US 74012
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
Job Description :
For more than 50 years, HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine recently ranked HEICO as one of the 200 “Best Small Companies” and 200 “Hot Shot Stocks”.
CSI Aerospace, Inc. a subsidiary of HEICO, is currently seeking a Production Engineer. The Production Engineer will work closely with operations, engineering and quality to identify and develop manufacturing processes. This position is a hands on role that will serve as a liaison between the operations and engineering departments
CSI Aerospace, Inc. is a FAA/EASA Part 145 Repair Station which was established in 1992. CSI is a premier Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul facility for Air Data Probes including Pitot & Pitot-Static Probes, Total Air Temperature Sensors (TATs), and Engine Inlet Temperature Sensors (P2/T2 Sensors). CSI is able to support the aviation marketplace with innovative solutions, providing our customers with cost-savings, market-leading Turnaround Time (TAT), and exceptional customer support. CSI supports commercial, regional, and military aircraft markets and is constantly designing, engineering, and developing new advancements in niche segments to aid our customers with their requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Evaluate and document existing manufacturing processes and procedures and identify opportunities for improvement
* Develop and document new processes and procedures that support the consistent delivery of quality, speed and value
* Propose, implement and maintain process measurements and controls that improve production yield and product reliability
* Evaluate and analyze product return data and use as the basis for product improvement recommendations
* Evaluate designs for producibility
* Read, interpret and use drawings, blueprints, specifications and procedures
* Lead the transition of new products and repairs from design and prototype into production readiness
* Assess and support tooling requirements for new and existing products
* Author, control configuration of and maintain work instructions and Bills of Material in the manufacturing data system
* Assist with the identification, procurement, installation and use of production equipment
* Collaborate and lead across all departments on quality, design, tooling, production, customer and supplier issues
* Troubleshoot and resolve production process issues
* Work safely and promote safety.
Job Requirements :
* Associate’s Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Recent or soon-to-be graduates with relevant experience may be considered.
* Preference given to candidates with 1-5 years of recent experience in a position with similar responsibilities and/or a proven track record of leading product introduction and improvement efforts.
* Experience supporting repair products in a FAA repair station is highly desirable.
* Aerospace/Aviation and FAA Repair Station experience is preferred
* Experience with welding, brazing and metals processing preferred
Knowledge or Abilities:
* High competency with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Basic 3D CAD navigation and modeling experience preferred – Intermediate Solidworks experience is a plus
* Strong process analysis, improvement and control skills
* Willingness to be hands on and maintain a high level of shop floor presence
* Strong interpersonal communications skills; both written and verbal
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The Team Member may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member will be exposed to high temperature torch brazing equipment. The noise level in the production environment is usually moderate.