7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
As Production Coordinator, you will be responsible for performance of a wide range of tasks and services in support of assembly operations, production and business unit objectives.
Activities may include responsibility for spares schedules and recognizing and resolving problems impacting production and delivery commitments.
Additionally, you may mentor, guide or direct the activities of less-experienced members of the production control team.
In particular, you will be responsible for:
* Maintain manufacturing/material inventory control system by analyzing and reconciling data.
* Run and work standard Material Requirements Planning (MRP)/WC reports.
* Maintain accountability for record keeping of material inventories.
* Monitor fabrication, assembly, and repair operations; production processes; and vendors that support internal production schedules.
* Create Customer Return Sales orders.
* Support the gathering of parts and hardware.
* Coordinate shipments and ensure that customer purchase order requirements are met.
* Read and ensure that Enterprise Excellence Procedures (EEP’s) and Standard Job Instructions (SJI’s) and other requirements are understood and followed.
* May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of others.
* Support and participate in continuous improvement activities/events.
* Input updated inventory into databases(s).
* Perform other duties as required.
To be successful in this role, you will be required to ...
* Operate with a relatively high degree of autonomy on tasks and issues of a highly complex nature.
* Apply your excellent written and verbal communication skills, including reading, write, speak and understand English language and ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
* Apply intermediate and some advanced skills to perform functions related to the position
* Apply your basic office administration skills such as typing, coping, and filing
* Apply your intermediate Microsoft Office skills
* Apply your knowledge of inventory processes such as parts flow, FIFO, JIT, kanbans, etc.
* Be self-directed & action oriented with the minimal supervision; resolve most questions and problems referring only the most complex issues to higher levels
* Apply your time, priority and stress management skills in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines while maintaining a customer-orientated demeanor
* Maintain focus regarding safety, quality and productivity.
* Work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers, and others in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect.
* Be regular and predictable in attendance.
* Bend, stoop, stand, kneel for 8+ hours per day and life 35+ pounds repetitively with or without accommodation and meet other physical requirements based on a medical screening following post offer.
* At least 10 years of experience in production support / inventory management role(s) in a manufacturing environment
* At least 18 years of age
* Willing to relocate to Foley, Alabama; no relocation or interview travel reimbursement available
* 6 months or more of experience with Lean Manufacturing processes, techniques, especially Toyota Production System (TPS)
* 6 months or more of experience with SAP or other similar (ERP, MRP, MES, etc.) production software
* Knowledge of inventory processes such as parts flow, FIFO, JIT, kanbans, etc.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. Therefore, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Associates Degree (or other 2-year post-high school training) with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.