about 1 year ago
Maintain Production Master Schedule; oversee the generation, scheduling and release of production control documentation; establish lead times; plan capacity; forecast work and resolve bottlenecks.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Create, maintain and distribute the Production Master Schedule to forecast upcoming work and plan the capacity of the Plant.
2. Establish and coordinate internal lead times of all orders. Work with Manufacturing Engineering to develop and maintain Methods of Manufacturing (routing) inputs such as lead time, setup and run times, and outside processing within ERP system.
3. Manage the MRP and demand forecasting functions within the ERP system to maintain raw material inventory at optimum levels and balance work center loading.
4. Oversee the generation, revision, scheduling and release of manufacturing/final assembly jobs, work orders and other production control documentation.
5. Create, maintain and coordinate the capacity vs. load forecast and priority dispatch list for each work center.
6. Coordinate job status and new program requirements throughout the plant. Work with Production to resolve bottlenecks, work stoppages and manage the flow of materials and completion of work.
7. Coordinate with Supply Chain and Manufacturing Engineering to resolve part shortages and minimize adverse impact to deadlines.
8. Assign projects, ownership and responsibility for work content and accountability for performance.
9. Support strategic initiatives by developing business plans, supporting analysis and implementation plans.
10. Enforce safety, environmental compliance and housekeeping practices at the Plant.
11. Engage employees and communicate clearly and effectively. Coach, train, develop, council and mentor all employees, regardless of role, reporting or function.
1. Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, manufacturing engineering or industrial engineering. Associates degree plus equivalent experience may be substituted.
2. Ten (10) years experience in manufacturing/production environment, five (5) of which in a planning, procurement, operations or production control role.
3. Two (2) years supervisory or management experience.
4. Must have demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing operations, including, engineering, supply chain, logistics, and field service. Must be able to accurately interpret drawings and blueprints.
5. Must have excellent computer skills, and be proficient with Microsoft Office programs and ERP systems applied to complex manufacturing and materials environment.
6. Must have experience using MRP.
7. Must be detail and service oriented, a troubleshooter and problem solver, and be an effective negotiator.
8. Must be able to work through people – with sound teamwork, organization, project management, interpersonal abilities. Must be a leader and have the ability to organize, motivate and manage people.
9. Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, capable of operating effectively with a minimum of direction, and be able to work effectively under pressure with significant interaction within all levels in the organization.
10. Must possess knowledge of manufacturing quality systems.
11. Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
2. Training in continuous improvement programs such as LEAN Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
3. Experience with EPICOR VANTAGE software
4. Bi-lingual in Spanish