3 months ago
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
UTC Aerospace Systems is a global supplier of systems and services in the aerospace and defense markets with one of the most strategically diversified portfolios of products in the industry. The Sensors and Integrated Systems (SIS) division located in Cheshire, Connecticut has a full-time position for Production Associate.
This position will require individual to:
* Work from operating instructions, pictorial diagrams.
* Perform assembly tasks using hand tools, operate bench machines, perform soldering operations on approved “A” level jobs; deburr parts.
* Use specific dial indicators with appropriate standards.
* Perform various checks including dimensional tolerance, electrical continuity, concentricity, etc.
* Perform potting of gyro header end including mixing, insertion of forms and removal.
* Perform routine, repetitive range machinery operations e.g. lathe, miller, drill press grinder, etc.
* Maintain feeds and speeds as prescribed.
* Work from wiring diagrams, operating instructions, assembly drawings.
* Assemble, wire, solder production P.C. boards for mounting with one or more gyros for specifications.
* Study prints bills of material to determine the selection of components to be used to assemble P.C. boards.
* Insert components in proper position.
* Solder components to P.C. board.
* Mount P.C. board(s) to the gyro assembly.
* Route wires through assembly package as indicated on assembly drawing.
* Cut wires to indicated lengths, connect and solder to posts on gyro and P.C. boards.
* Perform rework and repair on units returned from test and quality control.
* Use screwdrivers, pliers, wire strippers, soldering iron, flux, bifocal microscope and cleaning agents such as isopropyl alcohol.
* Keep work area neat and clean.
* Work from a variety of sources including operating instructions, wire run lists, drawings, blueprints, schematics to produce boards, single axis, and multi-axis gyros.
* Collect completed stock card requisitions from assigned department supervisors and shop personnel for materials, components, sub-assemblies, tools, equipment, and chemicals.
* Select items from bins and shelves in stock room; adjust bin card quantity number and other related paperwork. Wrap, pack, load, issue, and/or deliver all types of hard and soft good materials, liquids, equipment to designated areas.
* Use handcarts to transport and deliver items to designated areas.
* Periodically clean ultrasonic degreasing machine, associated parts, and parts trays to assure contaminant-free parts in clean rooms.
* Distribute selected chemicals including cleaning solvents such as Actrel and IPA, assembly of product components. Participate in packing gyro for shipment at the end of month deliveries. Keep work area neat and clean.
* Must satisfactorily complete required cross-training program.
Qualification: Preferred candidates will have soldering training, microscope experience, 1+ years small parts assembly experience.
* Must be able to handle and manipulate small parts.
* Must be able to work from written instructions and supervisory direction.
* Must be able to complete written records appropriate to the job.
* Must have ability to satisfy soldering school requirements to applicable Military and/or Spec. Standards.
* Must have ability to meet vision requirements of the job.
* Must have ability to work with chemicals and have ability to use microscope for extended periods.
* Must have ability to conform to job-related safety and quality practices appropriate to the job.
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* High school diploma/GED.
* Ability to read, write and comprehend English
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.