12 months ago
Production Assembly (LSI)
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Production Assembly (LSI)
Astronics Luminescent Systems designs and manufactures lighting components and systems for commercial and military aircraft. Customers are well known aircraft and avionics manufacturers, located throughout North America and Europe. We work in a team based and customer focused environment. We hire candidates that exhibit our Core Values : Team Work, Continuous Improvement, Integrity, Enduring Relationships and Passion.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
* Read work orders and follows production drawings and uses sample assemblies to make the panel parts.
* Follow written and verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
* Follow cellular manufacturing when applicable
* Use required personal protective equipment (PPE) safely.
* Maintain a safe and clean environment.
* Notify management of problems in production.
* Order supplies from stock.
* May position and align parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
* May crimp, stake, screw, bolt, rivet, weld, solder, cement, press fit, or perform similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
* May conformal coat using either Polyurethane or UV conformal coat.
* May be required to perform in all painting processes; including pre-paint, paint, and post paint areas.
* May mount assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets on chassis panel.
* Connects component lead wire to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
* Installs finished assemblies or sub assemblies in cases/external hardware.
* Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches to assemblies.
* Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as de burring, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, and impregnating parts assemblies.
* Tends machines that press, shape, or manufacture parts from raw materials.
* Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
* Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
* This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation
This position has no supervisory responsibilities, however as successful associates train their peers via on the job/peer to peer training. Excellent and participative communication skills are rewarded at LSI.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or GED
* Computer skills preferred
* 1-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
* Previous electronics or paint experience is desirable.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
* Due to federal contract obligations, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Security Clearance is not required for this position.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Possess the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands *
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and or arms to pull handles and push buttons and reach objects. Requirements may also include climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Additionally it is the policy of Astronics Luminescent Systems Inc’s not to discriminate on the basis of an employee or applicant’s age, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, or marital status.
Astronics LSI (NH)
No Travel Required away from worksite unless for minimal off site trainings.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.