8 months ago
Our Lenexa facility specializes the production of Oxygen Life Support Systems and Galley Inserts Beverage Maker Products. Our Oxygen and Beverage Maker small parts assembly manufacturing, focuses on safety and quality products production into the field for aircraft crew and passengers.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Product Support Engineer in our Oxygen & PSU Systems business located in Lenexa, Kansas.
Under limited supervision, the Product Support Engineer is responsible for the support of a product or line of products; assumes responsibility for product after transition from design to production; and interfaces with other departments such as design, test, and reliability engineering to analyze and resolve problems.
* Provides technical leadership to engineers and technical support when required
* Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects
* Research and collaborates in resolution of complex customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customer to ensure customer satisfaction
* Responding to situations where standard procedures have failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment
* Collaborates with Technical Publications for final CMM approval
* Collaborates with Internal Engineering for qualifications of revised designs
* Initiates drawing revisions when necessary
* Leverages internal technical expertise to provide effective customer support
* Collaborates on problems and solutions with internal and external engineers to resolve problems in an effective and timely manner
* Assist Product Support Specialist when required for receiving incoming field questions and help respond by providing detailed technical research, answers and documents
* Assists customers with installation, maintenance and training support when required
* Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems to appropriate departments and follows through until resolved.
* Maintains performance matrices as required Analyzes field-related data to identify performance trends
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a technical science (such as Physics or Statistics) from a 4 year university.
* Five (5) years of relevant engineering or technical experience.
* Aerospace Industry Experience
* Experience in sales in an engineering discipline or other sales background
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally
* Three (3) years of experience interfacing with customers
* Experience in Project Management
* Excellent written and verbal skills
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.