about 1 year ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Product Support / Definition Engineer is a dual role. The Product Support / Definition Engineer (PSDE) operates as a design team member providing direct support to supply chain and quality on current production components and assemblies. The Product Support / Definition Engineer (PSDE) also has a role in product definition as a design engineer of responsible module deliverables that meet customer, partner and program needs.
In addition, the Product Support / Definition Engineer will :
* Works with supply chain and quality solving production and assembly challenges and actively engaged in production team meetings
* Create definition of parts, modules, and assemblies in the form of 2D cross sections, 2D drawings, 3D reusable models in a linked model environment, tolerance stack-ups, change is design co-authoring and various other electronic data formats to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, quality and inspection within expected cost, quality and schedule
* Works with engineering and supply chain partners to determine dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances required for proper clearances and fits while maximizing manufacturing producibility
* Ensure all interfaces between components are established and agreed upon by Engineering design teams of mating parts and program requirements
* Drive global team development through communication, partnering and mentoring to drive local decision making and autonomy
* Export tag applicable definition created by self and responsible purchased services based on jurisdiction and exportability classifications
* Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies & Procedures, Engineering Standards, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements
* Continuously challenges self and team skills in functional area
* Stays current with industry developments in one’s field of expertise
* Ability to work on government secured program with varying ranges of security clearance
* Adherence to special security requirements and those pertaining to the special access environment
* Provide direction to the organization to meet its security obligations
* Concurrently manage multiple projects to ensure program cost, quality and schedule requirements are met
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IT, engineering, scientific or other technical experience)
* Minimum of 3 Years of experience in an Engineering environment
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* 4-5 Years of experience in an Engineering environment
* Proficiency with ANSYS Suite (CFD, FEA, Thermal, etc)
* Familiarity with CAD systems; preferably SolidWorks and Unigraphics NX
* Familiarity with document control systems, preferably Windchill and Work Group Manager
* Proficiency with programming preferred
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE Aviation Mechanical Systems - located in the Loves Park section of Rockford has been producing high-quality aerospace products since 1937. Product lines include electrically and pneumatically actuated pneumatic valves, electronic temperature controls, linear and rotary electromechanical actuators, high-performance fans and blowers as well as comprehensive air and thermal management systems. Our products and systems are used globally on commercial jetliners, fighters, transports, drones, missiles, helicopters, UAVs, and marine applications. Learn more about our area!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Illinois; Loves Park
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.