4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The purpose of the Fire Suppression Specialist position is to provide technical solutions and assistance to existing and potential customers and distributors with particular emphasis on the growth of Fire Suppression supporting engineered systems, commercial kitchens, and marine and power generation. This includes project design and reviews to establish requirements as determined by the customer and internal parameters. The Subject Matter Expert provides a pro-active approach to the retention of customers and development of new customers. SME ensures customers and new business commitments are managed progressed and communicated through UTAS tools and processes, as and when required to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained. And, the SME responds to any customer enquiries in a professional and competent manner.
As a Fire Suppression Specialist, you will:
* Provide technical information to internal and external customers globally; including technical summaries and presentations. In addition, evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability. You may research and co-author technical papers and presentations to the industry.
* Review product designs for manufacturability and completeness and participate in design reviews. You may collaborate with other engineers to determine manufacturability of design.
* Provide technical support and communication to customers and internal groups on designs and applications of basic to moderately complex parts; including providing required technical information and troubleshooting new and existing basic to moderately complex product problems related to the design.
* You may provide support on existing production programs by assisting in the disposition of non-conforming material, reviewing Engineering Orders, evaluating field issues and repairs, and suggesting changes when material is not meeting the intent of the design.
* Lead basic to moderately complex design projects (small to medium contract, normal schedules, changes to product to moderately complex product, etc.) and assist with complex projects. Includes conducting detailed design review including test plans and presenting design plan to customer during meetings
* Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
* BA/BS degree with 4 to 7 years’ experience or
* MA/MS degree with 2 to 5 plus years’ experience or
* PhD degree with 2 plus years’ experience
* Functional / Technical Skills
* 50% of travel including Domestic and International
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
* Engineering Certification and/or experience
* Working knowledge of SAP
* Fabrication or Machining experience with CNC businesses
* Worked for OEM
* 50% Domestic Travel (10% of which includes Global)
* Meet and work onsite with Industrial equipment (with loud machines, hot/cold temperatures, etc.)
* 5% Weekend work to include some travel in support of industry conferences
* EH&S requirements to include proper PPE to meet site requirements
* Located in Windsor Locks or Northeast to support customer base
Education and Certifications
* BA/BS degree in a related field is required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.