12 months ago
Job ID #: 10899
Location: US - California - San Diego
Functional Area: Marketing
Division: AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
The product marketing manager is responsible for the concept to end-of life product marketing activities for assigned products and/or product lines. This includes providing competitive analyses, properly positioning and promoting products in the market, defining product features and options, and coordinating, as necessary, product continuous improvement or corrective actions.
The product manager works cross functionally with sales, engineering and operations to ensure that assigned products are defined and supported in such a manner that customers perceive the value and desirability of the products in the customers’ applications
• The product manager works closely with sales, engineering and others to provide definition of new products including technical specifications, competitive analysis, specifics of markets served, expected multi-year sales forecast, return on investment and project justifications.
• The product manager provides leadership of and participation in the new product development and launch process (NPDL). This includes primary authorship responsibilities for Concept Approval request (CA s) and marketing requirements documents (MRDs).
• The product manager works cross functionally with engineering and operations and operations engineering personnel to achieve MRD defined goals and to ensure a successful launch of the product to the market.
• The product manager is the architect of the product roadmap specifically assigned to his or her area of product responsibility. Responsibilities include the definition, creation and execution of his or her defined product area of responsibility.
• A core capability to this role is commercial touch and business acumen where the productmanager will lead technical and commercial discussions with customers in the appropriate setting as it relates to new product engagement or “voice of the customer” market research.
• The successful candidate should possess significant Program Management skills as it relates to driving new product introduction internally across other departmental disciplines.
• The product manager provides marketing application support for assigned products. This may include the research and write up of application notes and marketing bulletins as well as participation with field sales personnel to determine cost effective solutions for customer challenges.
• The product manager has primary responsibility for marketing launch activities for new or updated products. This includes, user manual generation support, ads, sales training, press releases, marketing collateral materials and other activities as defined in the launch plan.
• The product manager supports departmental market research activities including assignments to become “resident expert” on assigned market segments. This would include market size, primary applications, technical requirements and trends affecting the use of AMETEK Programmable Power products.
• The product manager has the responsibility to review assigned products pricing relative to margins and competitive products making price change recommendations to support product price list update schedule.
• The product manager has responsibility to review modified standard product requests for technical and financial feasibility including return on investment criteria. The PM determines if there is a business case based on projected development cost, engineering opportunity costs, sales forecast of such special engineering request.
The ideal candidate for the Product Manager position will have the following educational background and experience:
• BSEE (or other relevant technical degree, Electrical degree preferred)
• MBA with marketing emphasis desirable
• Minimum of 5-7 years of technical application, sales or product management experience (programmable DC and AC power supplies preferred)
• Engineering design experience very helpful
• Excellent writing skills and experience with Windows Office tools
• Articulate verbal presentation skills
• A demonstrated ability to work in a self directed and independent manner, prioritizing work appropriately.
• A demonstrated ability to work effectively in an influential management role.
• Travel 25-30%.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.