11 months ago
Director, Product Management E-commerce
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 115 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
Alaska Airlines is seeking a product manager to be responsible for key aspects of our $3 billion, multi-channel E-commerce business. The successful candidate will craft the functionality vision and road map for their feature area. They will collaborate with key stakeholders, user experience, and technology teams to design, implement, test and refine functionality for AlaskaAir.com, our mobile apps or other customer-facing e-commerce experiences.
Defining the Product Road Map
- Create product road maps that ensure key sections of Alaska's E-commerce offerings align with business strategy and goals
- Craft the product strategy for your areas based on data, including transactional data, usage statistics, primary customer research, and industry analyst reports
- Stay current with online travel and e-commerce industry trends as well as competitors' capabilities
- Sell your product strategy and road map to key stakeholders throughout the company, including senior executives
Guiding the Product through Delivery
- Deliver results for key product metrics and goals that supports business objectives
- Develop business cases and models based on data-driven assumptions
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to represent their needs and ensure support for go to market plans
- Collaborate with product owners to define product requirements, prioritize product features and drive execution
- Make key tradeoff decisions when required, smartly using data when it exists and solid judgment when it doesn't, escalating as appropriate
- Engage in constructive conversations with - and deliver tough messages when needed - to key stakeholders, including senior executives, while continually building professional and productive relationships
- Bachelors degree in business, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years working directly with web and mobile e-commerce businesses exceeding $10MM in revenue per year
- 5+ years in a product management role, or equivalent work experience
- Experience as a product leader in an agile product development environment
- Strong familiarity with underlying e-commerce technologies with proven ability to partner with software engineering teams on investment and planning decisions
- Minimum age of 18
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- MBA or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of the airline and/or travel industries and related technologies
- Deep working knowledge of product development concepts
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.