4 months ago
Product Manager - ATSO
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Product Manager - ATSO
Astronics Test Systems is looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneur to help craft and execute the strategic vision for our award winning Radio Test Solutions. The successful candidate will possess a vital combination of technical and business skills enabling them to translate market needs into product requirements. As the key “voice of the customer”, the Product Manager will work closely with Sales, Engineering, and Manufacturing to ensure all product goals are met throughout the product lifecycle.
* Business Development
* Develops and maintains the rolling 5 year business plan to meet strategic and tactical goals in conjunction with Sales
* Develops and maintains key strategic customer and OEM relationships
* Develops proposals and strategic agreements in conjunction with Sales, Engineering, and Contracts
* Creates customer facing marketing material including specifications, roadmap, and product presentations in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering
* Product Management
* Works with key customers to understand market needs and generate winning product requirements
* Works with Engineering to translate customer product requirements into an actionable product definition that Engineering can execute
* Develops and manages product roadmap
* Works with Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure product cost and profit targets are met and maintained throughout the life of the product
* 5+ years of experience
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
* Excellent communication and leadership skills
* Solid understanding of the principles of RF Communications and Test Equipment
* Experience translating customer requirements into product definitions or statements of work
* Experience in managing products from cradle to grave
* Experience in the design and/or test of Tactical or Land Mobile Radios a plus
Astronics Test Systems (Orlando)
Travel will be required as needed
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.