7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our IT team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to empower digITal. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
We are seeking a highly motivated product manager to help define and execute our product roadmaps and plans by leveraging product data, market and competitive analysis with a commercial mindset and customer-centric orientation. This role will work closely with digital and UTC business unit cross-disciplinary teams, including engineering, design, operations, marketing and service delivery teams with a primary focus on the mobile space.
The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering impactful user experiences to our customers & be an avid consumer of trends in mobility, design, technology, social behavior and commerce. They will lead agile project teams in the design, development and management of product activities, from its early digital properties’ definition, to its design & production, to final release and adoption. This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a large industrial Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards transforming our UTC products and services in order to help our employees and customers optimize operations. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth.
* Transform business goals into strategic digital initiatives and cutting-edge digital products and services
* Align to UTC Digital strategy and leverage business and financial acumen to drive value for the business
* Leverage industry, market and technology trends to inform product definition and share with working teams and business units
* Define and clearly communicate product roadmaps, KPIs, measures of product success to stakeholders
* Influence stakeholders and gain consensus for product strategy and milestones, building visual and other artifacts to assist key decision making
* Define product and feature sets through a user-centered approach and design centered thinking
* Lead agile development teams through sprint definition, backlog prioritization, development and release of Minimum Viable Products
* Utilize iterative design processes, prototype testing, user/consumer interviews and user testing to support product innovation
* Identify and implement analytics
* Support product innovation by analyzing usage metrics and continuously improving upon the user experience and product releases
Qualification: Minimum Qualifications:
* 10+ years’ experience in digital technology and/or product management or equivalent.
* Familiarity with Agile operating model, practices and expectations
* Demonstrated capability in making timely, difficult decisions to ensure project priorities meet critical business needs and timelines
* Demonstrated experience in a full product lifecycle, from concept, to definition to market release
* Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results
* Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with high degree of accountability
* Diligent, disciplined, reliable and strives for highest technical and design quality
* Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
* Advanced degree is a plus.
* One or more of the following certifications preferred: Agile Certified Practitioner, Certification as a Product Owner (CPO), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Project Management Professional (PMP)
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.