3 months ago
Boeing is hiring for a Product Designer for new development IT projects supporting Boeing Global Services eCommerce applications in Renton, Washington.
Partners with project teams to create effective, usable and satisfying user experiences with information technology.
Performs user-centered design activities that actively involve users throughout all phases of a project to ensure product usability.
Conducts user research through interviews, field studies and surveys.
Defines user requirements and usability goals.
Creates user interaction design alternatives.
Conveys designs by building prototypes.
Conducts usability tests, heuristic evaluations or other reviews to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the designs.
Diagnoses and analyzes usability issues and refines designs or recommends changes.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* B.S. in Information Technology, Informatics, Information Systems, Computer Science or closely related field OR technical degree or certification in Human-Centered Interaction, Human Factors or related field
* Minimum 3 years of software development experience as an analyst, tester or developer
* Minimum 2 years of UX/UI experience. User Interface analysis and design experience. Strong interest in user-centered design, design thinking, and usability
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Courses and experience in Product Design
* Certificates or advanced degrees in User Centered Design
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award