5 months ago
Product Design Engineering Manager
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations.
This position within Engines and Power Systems Design and Installations is responsible for the technical and administrative leadership/management of the Advanced Technology Design group.
Leadership responsibilities include development of team member’s critical functional skills and talent, application of integrated tools, skills & processes to create designs that advance technologies from readiness level 1 through 6.
Management responsibilities include direction of domestic, global, contract and outsource resources to meet program commitments, employee mentoring and career development. Functional responsibilities include the generation of conceptual designs in support of advanced technology programs, detailed design and component definition; CAD models and detailed drawings; integration of process and manufacturing capability; 3-D model integration with analysis, ISC and outside vendors; design-to-cost; design for manufacturing, assembly, and test; support hardware procurement and development of global design capability.
* The selected candidate is responsible and accountable for the Mechanical Design team supporting the Aerospace Advanced Technology organization
* Making labor estimates for Advanced Tech programs
* Staffing programs with Honeywell, outsourced and or subcontracted personnel with the technical skills required to execute the design tasks successfully
* Review and approve proposed engine cycles
* Provide Design technical oversight and direction for team members
* Establish goals annually with team members; evaluate their performance, identify development opportunities, write and give mid-year and end of year performance reviews
* Participate in salary planning for team members
* Develop management and technology readiness reviews for the larger E&PS organization
* Developing a familiarity with Honeywell’s Human Resource Policies and aid team members with their application
* Ensure team members apply Design best practices and review their application with a larger team of individuals with relevant experience
* Communicate direction from Aerospace Leadership and Human Resources to staff
* Write and post weekly highlights to keep leadership apprised of developments
* Owns design and integration execution from preliminary design to final drawings and vendor support.
Requirements & Architecture Definition
YOU MUST HAVE:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
* 10 plus years of applied engineering experience in the Aerospace, manufacturing or comparable engineering environment.
* Management experience preferred.
* Knowledge of CAD and Product Lifecycle Management systems, AeroPDM, analysis methodologies and related software, manufacturing, project management and the Honeywell Integrated Product Delivery System processes is highly desirable.
At Honeywell, our top priority is having great people who can live up to the demanding expectations of our customers and markets. To help you live up to those expectations, we emphasize continuous learning and development, giving you the chance to develop your career.
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
* Continued Professional Development
* 1st Shift
* ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD23453
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 111 S 34th St., Phoenix, AZ 85034 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.