3 months ago
The Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) program is seeking a Mid-Career Level Product Data Management Specialist to work in Huntsville, AL. The selected individual will report to the Configuration
Management Manager within the GMD Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) Integrated Product Team (IPT).
• Performs a technical check of complex engineering data to verify that engineering, partner, and/or supplier product definition data (e.g., bill of material, geometry, digital models) meets procedural and system requirements.
• Reconciles discrepancies by coordinating with affected organizations (e.g., engineering, planning, configuration management).
• Communicates requirements to coworkers/customers regarding procedures, processes, and tools that support the preparation, release, and interpretation of product definition data.
• Identifies applicable internal standards (i.e., Boeing Drafting Standards, Data Management Standards, procedures, processes, etc.), government and industry standards that are necessary to produce compliant data products/deliverables.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience in engineering design
- Experience reviewing engineering drawings
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience on a configuration management (CM) team and/or working closely with a configuration management (CM) team
- Experience with Configuration or Change Management processes
- Understanding of Boeing Drafting Standards
- Experience with ANSI drawing standards
- Experience with any of the following tools; IDE/Windchill/ Teamcenter Visualization Mockup 8.3,
- Adobe Acrobat Pro, Excel, AutoCAD, Unigraphics
- Current Active Secret U. S. Security Clearance
• AA degree in related discipline and typically 3 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award