3 months ago
The Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) program is seeking a Product Data Management Specialist to work in Huntsville, AL. The selected individual will report to the Configuration Management Manager within the GMD Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) Integrated Product Team (IPT).
• Assigns/reserves the following: document numbers, drawing numbers, revisions, dash numbers and notes in the applicable business system.
• Maintains configuration control of engineering, partner, and/or supplier product definition data by ensuring proper release authorization from change management; accomplishes and records release in secured systems to prevent unauthorized revision.
• Develops, documents and implements plans and processes to ensure products meet technical, data, regulatory and company requirements and to maintain configuration control.
• Tracks and reports data to monitor adherence to regulatory, data configuration and contractual requirements; supports audits and reviews to ensure products meet requirements.
• Communicates requirements to coworkers/customers regarding procedures, processes, and tools that support the preparation, release, and interpretation of product definition data.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Current Secret U. S. Security Clearance
- Experience on a configuration management (CM) team and/or working closely with a configuration management (CM) team
- Experience with Configuration/Data or Change Management processes
- Experience with Integrated Digital Environment(IDE)/Windchill
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline
• AA degree in related discipline and typically 1 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award