10 months ago
Product Costing Specialist-MIR02522
This position is contingent upon and will be effective on the closing of the acquisition of control by Airbus over the CSeries program.
Title: Product Costing Specialist
The C Series Aircraft Limited Partnership (CSALP) was created in July 2016 by Bombardier and Investissement Québec (IQ). In October 2017, Airbus announced its intention to join the CSALP joint venture as majority owner (closing of the investment is expected mid-year 2018). The CSALP program office will remain located in Mirabel (Québec, Canada) where the CS100 and CS300 aircraft are manufactured by a team of some 1,800 employees. In 2019, a second assembly line is expected to begin operations in Mobile (Alabama, USA).
About the C Series Aircraft
The C Series single-aisle aircraft is uniquely designed to serve the 100- to 150-seat market. The aircraft’s phenomenal economic proposition and performance support the opening of new opportunities for single-aisle operations.
Comprised of the CS100 and the larger CS300 aircraft, the C Series family represents the fusion of performance and technology. The resulting aircraft deliver unmatched performance and economics in the 100- to 150-seat market segment and an 18 per cent lower cost per passenger, making them the ideal candidates to complement larger single-aisle aircraft.
The cabin design and flexibility ensure an unrivalled passenger experience. The aircraft’s larger seats, overhead bins and windows deliver a wide body feel that offers passengers unparalleled comfort in a single-aisle cabin. The CS100 and the CS300 aircraft have over 99 per cent parts commonality as well as Same Type Rating. The groundbreaking Pratt & Whitney PurePower® PW1500G engine, combined with the aircraft’s advanced aerodynamics, delivers reduced fuel burn, noise, and emissions – making the C Series the most community-friendly aircraft.
Description of the job
- Lead, manage and perform Product Costing estimation activity by providing robust and neutral cost estimates to internal customers to support business decisions and processes as well as operational negotiation and strategy development support to Procurement, Programme and other customers.
- Anticipate and safeguard profitability by providing robust and neutral cost estimates enabling the company to take the right decisions in time
- Represent Product Costing in supporting operative teams/multifunctional working groups
- Ensures that deliverables are well understood and fully accepted by customers and suppliers alike. Secures close alignment between the customers’ real needs and the Product Costing support provided. Guarantees that Product Costing is a key enabler for CSALP/Airbus to reach competitive agreements (new contracts, claims, pricing models, function budgets, True Should Cost (ie Target Must Cost, Target Must Price)) and to take balanced operational and strategic decisions
- Development and availability of process knowledge, methods, cost references and tools needed for the efficient delivery of Product Costing support
- In close collaboration with customers, develops and implements processes, strategies and new services.
In your role, you will:
- Perform cost estimates, analysis and cost projection using various estimating references, methods, tools and processes
- Compile, consolidate, present and explain, report and knowledge manage costing dossiers
- Analyze and challenge cost inputs from all contributors – internal and external – with convincing arguments
- Select and work on proper references (actuals) for guiding the cost estimation
- Identify risks and opportunities as well as propose alternative solutions with convincing arguments to optimize the cost delivery
- Coordination of required input for sound cost estimation, debate and challenge assumptions and complete missing information by own assumptions while seeking the necessary buy-in
- Support essential costing processes by providing requested cost information in terms of planning (Operation Plan), business cases, make or buy decisions etc.
- Ensure appropriate knowledge building, capture and share relevant references within the Product Costing community
- Ensures best possible alignment between customer needs and Product Costing support
- Presents and defends team deliverables within the Company and in front of international suppliers, ensuring credibility and durable confidence in Product Costing results.
- Leads costing activities for gap analysis between supplier offers and Product Costing estimates, negotiation support, Multi Functional Teams (MFT) strategy development, international supplier visits.
- Ensures that supporting tasks performed by departments over which he/she has no direct authority are delivered on time and on quality.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have strong customer focused approach, teamwork, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills;
- You have a technical or university degree in manufacturing Aeronautics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- You have at least 5 to 10 years’ of relevant experience;
- You have language skills: fluent in English and French;
- You have the ability to manage your time and priorities efficiently;
- You have the ability to take initiatives with creativity;
- You have the ability to work autonomously;
- You are comfortable with software tool.
Job: Contract Administration
Primary Location: CA-QC-Mirabel CSeries
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 29.05.2018, 5:15:20 PM
13.06.2018, 3:59:00 AM